The department of Civil Engineering has well equipped laboratories, computer room, library, seminar hall and rooms for creative activities. To enhance the student learning experience each of the laboratories are equipped with state of art facilities.
- Environmental Engineering Laboratory: The laboratory with the cross-sectional area of 90 sq.m is well equipped with Jar Test apparatus, Thermostatically Controlled Oven and other relevant apparatus for the academic studies.
- Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory: The laboratory with the cross-sectional area of 90 sq.m is well equipped with test apparatus like Direct shear, Vane Shear, Proctor Tests, Permeability, Consolidation Test and other relevant apparatus for testing all geotechnical properties of soil.
- Concrete and Highway Laboratory: The laboratory with the cross-sectional area of 90 sq.m is well equipped with test apparatus like Ductility machine, Softening point apparatus, Aggregate Abrassion Test, Crushing Test, Shape Tests, UTM apparatus, Slump Cone Test, Compaction Factor Test, Initial setting Time Test, Final Setting Time Test and other relevant apparatus for testing all the properties of Aggregates, Bitumen, Cement and Concrete.
- Fluid Mechanics Laboratory: The study of fluids at rest; and fluid dynamics, the study of the effect of forces on fluid motion. It is a branch of continuum mechanics, a subject which models matter without using the information that it is made out of atoms; that is, it models matter from a macroscopic viewpoint rather than from microscopic. Fluid mechanics, especially fluid dynamics, is an active field of research.
- Geology Laboratory : This lab provides a hands-on survey of the fundamentals of physical geology. We introduce the identification and interpretation of rocks and minerals. It includes the study of various types of rocks like sedimentory, igneous and metamorphic rocks and various physical features of minerals like quartz, limestone, sandstone, gypsite etc.
- Computer Aided Design Laboratory: The lab is equipped with 30 computer systems, that enable students to learn regarding the design, drawing and detailing of various Civil Engineering structures like residential buildings, commercial buildings, public sector buildings etc.
- Surveying Laboratory: The lab is well equipped with surveying instruments like Dumpy Level, Theodolite, Total station, Plane Table with their accessories such as ranging rods, tripod,tapes, leveling staff etc which enable students to learn about the basic concepts of surveying.
- Material Testing laboratory: The lab is well equipped with the apparatus like UTM, Brinwel Machine, Compression Testing Machine etc which enable students to learn about the strength of materials like concrete, cement etc.
Class room Details:
UG – Class rooms -4 No. of 90 sq.m area
UG-Tutorial rooms-2 No. of 60 sq.m area
PG- Class rooms- 2 No. of 60 sq.m area
No. of Books: 150+